Do you believe that every child, regardless of their family’s income, should have the opportunity to reach their full potential? At AVANCE-Austin we are always looking for individuals and organizations willing to give their time and talents in service. We have many opportunities for the community to get involved. Listed below are some of the current ways you can help. If you don’t see an opening for your unique skill set just contact our offices so we can create a special opportunity for you to support AVANCE.
Ways to Volunteer
- Child Classroom Aide – AVANCE-Austin offers early childhood education classes for the children in our program, Monday through Friday during 9 AM – 1 PM. As a classroom aide, you will assist our teachers with presenting lesson plans, reading to the children and other duties as required for the day.
*Background check is required in advance.
- Toy Making Preparation – Our toy making class is one the most unique things about the AVANCE curriculum. The mothers take ordinary household items and turn them into stimulating educational toys for their children. Helping to prepare the items needed is an ongoing process.
In toy making prep you work with the toy making teacher to prepare items needed each week to make the toys.
- Special Event Help– – Love to plan events? AVANCE-Austin has several events throughout the year. You can help serve food or wrap toys for the children at our Annual Holiday Party, decorate and greet families for the Graduation Ceremony in May, or assist in organizing the annual fundraising luncheon in October.
- Office/Clerical – Responsibilities include filing, answering the phone, data entry, and other duties as needed at our main office.
- Spanish/English Community Outreach – We always need people who are bilingual and knowledgeable about our services to help with interpretation/translation for outside resource speakers, and to spread the word about AVANCE, recruiting new parents to our program.
- ESL Instruction – One hour of the parenting class is dedicated to English as a Second Language instruction. You will have the opportunity to assist our ESL teacher during these classes.
- Social media/Graphic Design/Newsletters – If you’re creative and want to make a difference, we’re looking for volunteers with knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and strong writing skills to help move AVANCE-Austin to the forefront of the nonprofit community.
Fill out our volunteer application below and we will contact you shortly.
If you have additional questions, please contact:
Catherine Frost, Development Associate